Society Board Members
The SCA Society Board represents the Sherwood Park Alliance Church (SPAC) Board of Elders and acts as a liaison between Elk Island Public Schools and SPAC. The board exists to maintain the Christian component of the school curriculum in the daily life of the students. The Society Board is firmly committed to maintaining and growing the Christian component of the two SCA campuses and to hold the direction and vision of SCA at the forefront of the schools.
The SCA Society Board of Directors elects an executive comprised of: chair, vice-chair, secretary, and treasurer. These individuals work with the Society Office Administration to oversee the overall board function and operations including: agenda setting, meeting minute recording, budgeting, member recruiting and governance.
The Society Board is comprised of 12-15 members with representatives from:
- SPAC membership
- SPAC Board of Elders
- SPAC staff
- Local church membership
- SCA Elementary & Secondary School administration
- SCA Society administration
Note: Directors must be faith-minded individuals, holding membership and currently participating in a local Christian church.
Commitment Directors commit to a three (3) year term with the option for one (1) term renewal for a maximum of six (6) years board service.
Strategic Priorities Directors are assigned to a portfolio to assist with yearly board operation and maintain SCA’s strategic priorities.
2020/21 Board of Directors
For 2020/21, the SCA Society Board directors and roles are:
- Henry Korthuis – Chair
- Nate Peters – Vice Chair / Communication, Engagement
- Rayanne Hoffmann – Secretary / Governance
- Jeff Schellenberg – Treasurer
- Jeremy Teeuwsen – Communication, Engagement
- Duane Seelochan – Succession Planning, Christian Programming Monitoring Plan
- Grace Albers – SPAC Elder Representative
- Jeremy Cook – SPAC Staff Representative
- Francis Poole – SCA Elementary Principal
- Jon Elzinga – SCA Secondary Principal
- Liann Cross – SCA Society Office Manager